Retain books from Playstore with Hudl reset

galinsoga 16:36 01 Feb 2014

Bear with me - I am old and not familiar with a lot of computing items

I bought a Hudl. Like it a lot. I downloaded lots of Apps I thought would be useful, used it to store photos / music transferred from my laptop, set up accounts for email and generally accepted the default settings proposed by Hudl/ Google. Mistake!

So, I have decided it would be best to reset the Hudl back to the factory state and start again. Easy enough to reload the Apps I think I really need, the photos and music. However - what can I "do" about the books I have paid for from Play Store?

Without success I have looked for a folder or whatever that may hold the book files in the hope that I could simply transfer them to a laptop while I reset the Hudl, then move them back. Wishful thinking?

Help appreciated

TonyT

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:38 01 Feb 2014

finding them is not easy as the app can load them in almost any free space either internally or on the SD card (if fitted)

have a read at click here purchased books can be re downloaded by going to the books page in the play store your purchase is already registered for that book.

your

galinsoga 20:55 01 Feb 2014

FB Ah, yes. Logical ie to simply reload the books using the email and credit card used when I registered. I am sure that will work

Many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?