Resuming from standby mode

BigRik 16:12 04 Jul 2005

Can anyone advise me on how to resume from standby mode by pressing a key instead of moving the mouse? I've looked at previous entries on this forum but I can't seem to find a definitive answer. I'm using Wndows XP with SP2.

mad martin 15:41 06 Jul 2005

you should just hit the enter key, make sure the safe mode is highlighted, use the up and down key to change the selection.

mattyc_92 15:47 06 Jul 2005

I have to press the "power button" on the chasis as when my system goes into stand-by, it reacts as if it has been turned off.... Once I press the power button, it loads straight to where-ever I put it in stand-by from (without going through the BIOS or "loading Windows" boot-screen)

I guess it depends on how your system goes into stand-by, but most of the time just press [enter] as mad martin says and it SHOULD "wake-up"

Completealias 16:19 06 Jul 2005

Open the device manager and find you keyboard on the list right click it and select properties then the power management tab make sure there is a tick in allow this device to bring the computer out of standby (or something like that)

When you hit a key your pc should now come out of standby

BigRik 19:25 06 Jul 2005

Thanks for your help. I tried Completealias' suggestion first (I knew it was there somewhere!!) and it was just the job. Thanks to mad martin and matty_c92 for your inputs as well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?