restricted sites??

Ikelos 12:59 02 Jan 2007

hi, just found a folder in the restricted sites , where there loads of sites address's, can they all be deleted in one go, tried the one at a time thing, but the bar has hardly moved down.. thanks

recap 13:06 02 Jan 2007

Have you tried clicking in the folder window and holding down Ctrl+A to select them all then pressing Delete on your keyboard?

Technotiger 13:09 02 Jan 2007

Hmmm, not sure about this, but can you not highlight more than one at a time by holding down Ctrl key and using mouse to highlight them?

Also I would advise you to set your Security level to 'High' for Restricted Sites.

Ikelos 13:24 02 Jan 2007

thanks all, tried both methods you said,but no go, there seems to be hundreds and hundreds of them..

Technotiger 13:28 02 Jan 2007

Is there any indication of Dates the folders appeared? If so, perhaps a System Restore to before they were there?

Anyway, still set your Sec Level to 'High' for Restricted sites.

Technotiger 13:31 02 Jan 2007

Also I would advise you to run all your Anti-Everything programs, sounds like some kind of nastie at work!

VoG II 13:47 02 Jan 2007

It is perfectly normal to have hundreds of restricted sites. Why do you want to remove them - they are there for a reason!

Technotiger 14:08 02 Jan 2007

Hi Friend, still learning by reading Forum input .. I did not realise 'hundreds' was normal, simply because, I have none at all in my own Restricted Sites. My Security set to High.

Cheers

Technotiger 14:09 02 Jan 2007

ps - I should have put, after Forum input .. especially Yours.

Ikelos 14:41 02 Jan 2007

oh, we live and learn,going by VOG's post they are there for a reason ,that, i never thought of. so no doubt those i have taken out will be back, so that is another morning gone

thanks all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone