Restoring unsaved msn chat logs?

munki magik 22:30 19 Aug 2010

Hi,
I was wondering if its possible to restore unsaved msn chat logs. Basically i had a conversation with my friend and she says she said one thing and i say she said another and it kinda needs to be cleared up. unfortunately neither of us saved our chat logs for msn.

i was just wondering if there is anyway to restore them from the computer disk? The reason i ask is that i heard it was possible but cant find anyway to do it, i tried to use a program called Pandora Recovery but that seemed to only find pictures and rubbish like that.

I was also thinking that the cops can always get info off comps from pervs and the sort so surely there must be a way of getting a similar program for home use.

I only need to use it once so a demo would be grand but unfortunately i have no credit card or access to one so paying for a program is impossible.

I really hope you can help because this would clear up the argument right away.

Thanks,
MM

ps: i am not good with computers so if i dont get what your saying at times sorry.

northumbria61 23:18 19 Aug 2010

if you activated the save history option it will be here
C:/
my documents
my received files
folder with your account's name
it will be stored there as .xml files

northumbria61 23:20 19 Aug 2010

If you didn't SAVE your History then here is how to do it for future reference.- click here

munki magik 23:39 19 Aug 2010

lol you sort of answered every question besides the one i asked :P

birdface 23:55 19 Aug 2010

I would imagine if you never saved them while using MSN there would be nothing to restore.

tullie 04:43 20 Aug 2010

Forget the arguement and trying to prove yourself right.

northumbria61 13:26 20 Aug 2010

"lol you sort of answered every question besides the one i asked :P" then you went on to say "unfortunately neither of us saved our chat logs for msn"

I answered by saying "If you didn't SAVE your History then here is how to do it for future reference" - the emphasis being on "IF YOU DIDN'T SAVE" - then to settle any future disputes you might have, here's how to do it !

I thought your question was answered - along with "buteman" who was on the same lines as me.

How can you RESTORE something which you didn't SAVE in the first place ? Not difficult to understand is it ?

As "Tullie" says "Forget the arguement and trying to prove yourself right."

I would add to that - Get on with your life, it's too short for that sort of thing.

munki magik 19:46 25 Aug 2010

woo dont be getting so angry at me. i didnt mean any disrespect or anything. i just assumed that it would be possible, i mean like how do the cops get the chat logs of those pervs? yaknow.

"As "Tullie" says "Forget the arguement and trying to prove yourself right."

I would add to that - Get on with your life, it's too short for that sort of thing."

Yeah the only trouble is that you can imagine that its difficult for two people to talk to eachother in a friendly manner when both claim the other is a liar. either way its all over now so i think i can take that advice now. Thanks for trying to help lads and or lassies

munki magik 19:46 25 Aug 2010

woo dont be getting so angry at me. i didnt mean any disrespect or anything. i just assumed that it would be possible, i mean like how do the cops get the chat logs of those pervs? yaknow.

"As "Tullie" says "Forget the arguement and trying to prove yourself right."

I would add to that - Get on with your life, it's too short for that sort of thing."

Yeah the only trouble is that you can imagine that its difficult for two people to talk to eachother in a friendly manner when both claim the other is a liar. either way its all over now so i think i can take that advice now. Thanks for trying to help lads and or lassies

northumbria61 22:18 25 Aug 2010

munki magik - I wasn't getting angry at you I was just trying to calm the situation and make you see sense. "How do the cops do it" you ask - well I imagine they don't use FREE or DEMO software that you were suggesting. Glad to see it is all over and sorted. SAVE your hsitory as I have suggested from now on.

munki magik 23:56 26 Aug 2010

here i did mention that i was shit at computers, no need to get your knickers in a twist. Anyway cheers for trying to help everyone, in piticular buteman and nothumbria61 dispite your rudeness in the face of ignorance :P only messing with ya, cheers you two.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Aardman's new YouTube channel to share the work of independent animators

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017