Restoring PC to as it came?

Awooga 01:30 22 Dec 2003

Hi,

I have had my computer for a number of years now and I would like to make it fast as when I 1st brought it. I will happily load all my wanted programs and data onto CD, and I have broadband so i will be able to download updates pretty quick.

How would I go about this. I want it just like I have 1st loaded it up if able! aka fast, smooth etc...

Cheers David Lewis

powerless 01:35 22 Dec 2003

What operating system do you use and are the CDs restore disk or Full Installation disks?

Awooga 01:39 22 Dec 2003

I have win XP home edition. My pc is a packard bell. It has a program called 'Smart Restore', i would go straight to packard bell about this but they need the pcs S/N and that means moving everything...

Basicly i want the pc to run as fast and smooth as when i 1st turned it on. Is this possable?

David

fitfella29 01:43 22 Dec 2003

yes it is,put your smart restore cd in and it will tell you how to restore it in there.

Awooga 01:45 22 Dec 2003

oh good. Cause my brother is home from uni and has a brand new computer and its so smooth its anoying. Ok cheers, I was just wondering cause I don't want to do smart restore, delete all my programs etc.. and not having my pc run as it did when i 1st brought it.

That would of driven me mad!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des Légendes en ligne ?