Restoring default Documents & Music folders Vista

spras 14:59 14 Feb 2008

I have recently got 2 software issues that I believe to be related to the same issue. Firstly Adobe Audition began having a problem on starting it up which through the Adobe User Forums Users have traced to the use of a changed default Documents folder in Vista. Furthermore iTunes will not load giving the error: "The Folder 'iTunes' cannot be found or create and is required. The default location for this folder is inside the 'Music' folder" which, I'm told, is related to a corrupted/changed registry key relating the Vista default My Music folder.

I use an H: partition for my Documents and E: and K: partitions for music, I do not believe I did change the default locations merely moved all relevant files to these drives. I cannot locate the default My Music folder meaning I probably rid myself of it (as it was empty and redundant to me anyway), my default Documents folder appears to be there which makes this slightly more confusing. What I believe to be my best bet, unless anyone has other ideas, is to restore these folders either manually (I think that should work?) or via the registry. I don't know the default name/location of the Documents and Music folders (I have an idea but am not definate) and I don't know how to go about changing the relevant registry keys if that proves to be the required solution.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone