Restoring Backup to Microsoft Money

ExPara 16:14 05 Sep 2014

I have two PCs, one running Microsoft Money with all my accounts on. I have made a backup to a pen drive and then I have tried to restore from the back up to the Microsoft Money programme on my second PC which is a clean installation. I have transferred the backup file to the desktop and tried to open it from there without success, I seem to be going around in circles. Please, can someone help?

compumac 16:53 05 Sep 2014

Does the original money data file that is on your PC still work? How did you do the backup, from within Money or copied the data (mny) file?

ExPara 17:10 05 Sep 2014

I made the backup direct from the Money programme. When requested to the location where I wanted to backup I selected the pen drive.

ExPara 17:11 05 Sep 2014

Yes, the accounts on the original PC still work.

compumac 19:30 05 Sep 2014

Copy the original file and paste onto your pen drive and see if that works using second PC.

compumac 19:30 05 Sep 2014

Copy the original file and paste onto your pen drive and see if that works using second PC.

gel 19:54 07 Sep 2014

I have money 2000 and do not back up But I use alwaysyn which works with a memory stick and copies all my files including money when I close down The stick can be added to on my desk top or laptop and then syncs when the stick is inserted in the other machine I have used this system for many years The stick contains all my files There is a small one off payment for the alwaysinc program About 15 pounds

I Hope this my be of interest

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?