restore point winxp problem

happ 23:59 10 Nov 2003

I have created 3 restore points but I`ve tried to use each of them and each time all I get is a message saying that I am unable to restore to this point,this is a great facility but not a lot of good if it does`nt work particularly when
you think it`s a saviour and turns out to be a dud.
Can anyone throw some light on this problem and
tell me what to do to cure it?
thanks a lot eric

billyliv 00:16 11 Nov 2003

Hi, I let win XP set its own restore points and have never had any problems on the very few occasions that I have had to use them. As to why you cant restore from a manual restore that will be for someone more able than I to explain. Cheers, Bill

igk 11:13 11 Nov 2003

Hi Eric,
Make sure you have enough disk space for system restore,to check this: right mouse click "my computer" do a properties,select "System restore"tab you will see that you can adjust the space that is used with a slider (I would suggest the maximum as it works on a percentage of your drive space)it will NOT fill up your hard drive as I have seen written here and in another forum that's balony.Hope this helps.

hugh-265156 11:23 11 Nov 2003

make sure windows is up to date also

Jester2K II 12:37 11 Nov 2003

Run Windows Update to make sure you have the patch - something to do with not being able to restore to Points after September 21 2003 (or there abouts)

GroupFC 13:14 11 Nov 2003

^

Quiller. 13:29 11 Nov 2003

It has been known that if you turn off system restore for that drive ( tick box in system properties-system restore), reboot and then turn system restore on again.

Then create a restore point, this has worked on a few occasions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

Game of Thrones GIFs: how Eran Mendel is creating hilarious weekly GIFs based on each episode's…

How to increase storage on iPhone

Nokia 8 : rumeurs & soirée de lancement