The restore point could not be created...not enough space 0c80070070

The Bard 11:59 06 Feb 2015

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium. Whenever I try to create a resore point I get the above message. I have 88GB spare on the disc and only 4.54GB of the 10.69GB space in the System Restore file is used.

I have tried everythjing I can find without success.

bumpkin 12:56 06 Feb 2015

Can you restore from the ones you have or does that also fail.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:54 06 Feb 2015

1. Go to start.

2. Type services.msc in Search box and hit enter.

3. Locate the services “Volume Shadow Copy and Windows Backup”.

4. Double click on the service name.

5. Check the startup type. Make sure that they are started and the startup type is “Automatic”. Stop and restart the services if they are already started.

6. Retry to create a restore point

The Bard 15:48 11 Feb 2015

Having tried absolutely everything I could find on the 'net, because I was concerned at not having a recent restore point, I downloaded "Restore Point Creator". This showed that, despite what Windows reported, the Windows Restore File was full. It enabled me to delete all the old restore points and "hey presto" problem cured!

Windows is supposed to delete older restore files once full, but obviously failed to do so.

The Bard 15:32 12 Feb 2015

Sorry - missed out the most important word!

Having tried absolutely everything I could find on the 'net, because I was concerned at not having a recent restore point, I downloaded "Restore Point Creator". This showed that, despite what Windows reported, the Windows Restore File was NOT full. It also enabled me to delete old restore points and "hey presto" problem cured!

Windows is supposed to delete older restore files once full, but obviously failed to do so.

john bunyan 15:37 12 Feb 2015

If you have CCleaner (free), you can remove older restore points in Tools, System Restore.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017