restore point

gramps07 11:57 21 Apr 2009

if i use my restore point what will stay on my computer and what will be lost i just need to no if i will keep my windows and internet exploreror will they be taken off

tullie 11:59 21 Apr 2009

You will lose whats been installed since the RP date,thats all.

Graham. 12:01 21 Apr 2009

When you do a System Restore to a previous time, it does just that. It's like being a Time Lord, you can go back to yesterday.

From Help and Support:

System Restore helps you restore your computer's system files to an earlier point in time. It's a way to undo system changes to your computer without affecting your personal files, such as e?mail, documents, or photos.

Sometimes, the installation of a program or a driver can cause an unexpected change to your computer or cause Windows to behave unpredictably. Usually, uninstalling the program or driver corrects the problem. If uninstalling does not fix the problem, you can try restoring your computer's system to an earlier date when everything worked correctly.

System Restore uses a feature called System Protection to regularly create and save restore points on your computer. These restore points contain information about registry settings and other system information that Windows uses. You can also create restore points manually.

System Restore is not intended for backing up personal files, so it cannot help you recover a personal file that has been deleted or damaged. You should regularly back up your personal files and important data using a backup program.

Graham. 12:03 21 Apr 2009

Also, note that you can undo a System Retore if it has an undesirable effect.

User-1229748 12:09 21 Apr 2009

a system restore in safe mode is said to be the most reliable,to enter safe mode keep tapping f8 when your pc starts.post back if you don't understand anything.

User-1229748 12:09 21 Apr 2009

a system restore in safe mode is said to be the most reliable,to enter safe mode keep tapping f8 when your pc starts.post back if you don't understand anything.

User-1229748 12:10 21 Apr 2009

ooops that hasn't happened to me for ages.

Poitier 15:13 21 Apr 2009

gramps07
Although system restore is most reliable when used in safe mode be aware that you only get one chance. When used in safe mode it can not be undone and you lose the other restore points.

User-1229748 15:25 21 Apr 2009

thank you for that as it was something i never knew,many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?