restore .bak files to OE

Ojoao 09:51 08 Apr 2008

All my OE files are in a back up folder in My Docs as .bak files.I cannot restore them. I have followed all the usual proceedures including the correspondence of 10/08/07 @01.09 to 'allenrye' who had the same recurring message when the wizard was invoked.Read only has been unticked on all the .bak files in the folder.It seemed that allenrye's problem was never concluded.
Grateful for any help.

Ditch999 11:25 08 Apr 2008

I dont know what you've tried so far and I also dont know why your .bak files are in My Docs (unless you put them there) and not your recycle bin. Have a good read at this article click here and try the instructions contained therein.

Ojoao 16:49 08 Apr 2008

Ditch 999
Thanks for that but the microsoft downloads don't help me restore the files.Yes, I did store them in My Docs.I have the files as .dbx of course if that helps.

Ditch999 16:59 08 Apr 2008

The .dbx files are the originals and the .bak files are the ones that are left when OE compresses the store folders. Are you saying that the .dbx and the .bak files are corrupted and OE will not work?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How secure is your Wi-Fi?

AMD vs Intel: we put the most powerful desktops for designers and artists head-to-head

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables 2017