responses to "help" "Click Here"

Westfield Driver 11:31 03 Sep 2005

I have got a reply to a problem wich seems to show a hyperlink saying Click Here
I do so but nothing seems to happen. What is "click here" please, and if I want to use it myself how do I go about it
Thanks in advance from a thickie

mattyc_92 11:35 03 Sep 2005

Post a link to the thread that this link is posted in.

The "click here" is what the forum changes to if you type (or copy) a URL address (website address)

Forum Editor 11:45 03 Sep 2005

just like the ones you see on other web sites.

In the forum if you type a web page address it will change to a 'click here' automatically. I'll type the forum address, to illustrate my point:-

click here

Clicking on the 'click here' will take you to the page in question, and if you want to refer other people to another thread you can post a link to its page, as mattyc_92 said. Just click once in the browser address bar to highlight the address (url) of the page in question, and then right click on it. Select 'copy' from the drop-down menu, and then go to the forum text entry box where you're typing your post. Make sure the cursor is at the point where you want the new 'click here' to appear, and right click. Now select 'paste' and the address will appear. It won't turn into a 'click here' hyperlink until you submit the post to the forum.

VoG II 11:54 03 Sep 2005

If the click heres are not working then go to

http:// windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFIX.htm

(without the space after //) to download a fix.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone