resource conflict?

WaiKent 21:34 08 Jul 2003

i recently had a look at my hardware profiles and a program interrupt controller has resolved a resource conflict (code `15) which is probably why my resources are so low everytime. does anyone know how to fix this problem as a button which says hardware troubleshooter doesnt seem to work. My operating system is ME and processor 850Mhz amd athlon currently with round about 300 MB of ram installed.

Gongoozler 21:55 08 Jul 2003

WaiKent have a look in Device manager (right click on My Computer, select "Properties", and click on the Device Manager tab). There should be a yellow exclamation mark alongside any devices with a resource conflict. Often the easiest way to resolve an IRQ conflict is to move one of the conflicting PCI cards to a different slot.

WaiKent 10:03 09 Jul 2003

how would i know which slot is resolving the conflict?

Gongoozler 18:21 09 Jul 2003

Your motherboard manual may show you how IRQ allocation is shared between slots. Otherwise if Device Manager shows two devices conflicting, just move one of them to a diferent available slot and see what happens. The most common conflicting devices are the modem and sound card.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone