Resolution out of range, cannot select another?...

shornuk 19:02 17 Apr 2009

Hi all ,

I have a media pc connected up to my 32" LCD. This runs at 1360x768 res, however the other day I accidently selected the wrong res in the nvidia control panel. This stupidly has no confirmation step, so it went right ahead and changed the res but it is now "out of range" I have attempted to hook up another monitor but that is also "above signal range!"

I am now a bit stuck in trying to revert it. I booted into safe mode, changed the res there but nothing has changed. I have diasabled and re-enabled the display adapter to no avail, and I have reinstalled the nvidia driver, again no joy!

Any suggestions please!

ambra4 19:11 17 Apr 2009

Have you tried a CRT monitor as using another LCD will still show "out of range" you need to

set the Screen Refresh Rate to 60 Hertz

shornuk 19:12 17 Apr 2009

unfortunatley I do not have a CRT monitor, the other one I had was a 17" TFT.

PO79 19:21 17 Apr 2009

Try the solution click here scroll down. Remember also in safe mode the refresh rate as well as the resolution will need to be changed, I would suggest 60htz

shornuk 19:28 17 Apr 2009

thanks for that suggestion, however when I boot in safe mode, and go to the display properties, the "apply" button is still greyed out. Also there is no options for me to change the refresh rate anywhere!??!

I am using Vista Ultimate (32bit) with onboard Nvidia geforce 6150 graphics.

Technotiger 20:19 17 Apr 2009

Two possibilities -

If you have a S-Video lead connected for any reason, try disconnecting it.

or

In this link, scroll down to last entry which may or may not be a solution for you. ... click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?