Resizing Partition with Acronis Disk Director 8

m800afc 13:31 04 Nov 2008

XP Pro, SP3, Acronis Disk Director 8
My laptop drive has partitions C=65Gb, D=35Gb and a small recovery partition. Each time I try to increase D to 45Gb by reducing C to 55Gb, Acronis Disk Director 8 reports that the new value is not a valid disk size. I have tried several times with different values and whatever value I enter, via the slider in the dialog box, it produces an error message that it is not a valid size. It does not say which drive reports this error.
How can I overcome this problem?

johndrew 14:08 04 Nov 2008

I had a look at the Acronis Knowledge Base for this problem and found this click here. It appears to be for Disk Director 10 but still may work for you. I suggest you register your application with the Acronis site (if you`ve not done so) and then look for updates for your version.

m800afc 17:05 04 Nov 2008

johndrew,
Thanks for the advice. I updated all my Acronis products, and also the Acronis drivers, via SnapAPI. Disk Director seems to complete the resizing, but on inspection no resising actually takes place, so I am back to square one. I don't know if it has any bearing, but C is FAT and D is NTFS. Any suggestions gratefully received.
If required, is it possible to change C to NTFS without doing a complete system reinstall?

m800afc 18:54 04 Nov 2008

I put the wrong version of Disk Director in the title. It should be Disk Director 10.

johndrew 10:45 05 Nov 2008

Having never modified a partition using Acronis I can`t confirm one way or the other whether having mixed FAT/NTFS partitions would affect the process.

However, you should be able to convert C: without a lot of problem from the way I read it click here and click here

Simsy 11:02 05 Nov 2008

but you say, "I try to increase D to 45Gb by reducing C to 55Gb"...

Have you tried just reducing C and then, when that is complete, increasing D to fill the available space, doing it as 2 seperate operations?

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?