Resizing images question.

wotbus@ 18:13 10 Jan 2007

10x15cm is a popular print size, I have printed many successfully. I have just created a template in Publisher with a box 10x15, but if I resize an image maintaining aspect radio there is no way I can get it to fit! I would have thought manually resizing to 10x15 without maintaining aspect ratio would have done the trick, but no again! Have I missed something? My Epson R300 does it so why can't I? Just for info, the resizing programs I have used includes Windows own, Irfanview and PixResizer.

Diemmess 18:22 10 Jan 2007

Is it the aspect ratio or the image size that is being difficult?

I haven't used any of the software you use but....
For me it is critical to get the aspect ratio correct on the final image before pasting it somwhere else.
Then the final image can be resized by dragging the handles in the new host file.

archir123 18:24 10 Jan 2007

click here

look down the right hand side for the image resizer , any good for your problem?? I use it all the time it adss a resize option to yuor right click

wotbus@ 18:28 10 Jan 2007

Hi Diemmess. It's very strange indeed. My printer will put a photo from my dig camera perfectly onto a 10x15 print, but the only way I can get it to fit a 10x15 rectangle in Publisher is to drag the sides of the print to fit - then the aspect ratio is lost (streched/tall) etc. If I resize manually to 10x15 without maintaining aspect ratio, it still doesn't fit!! Wish I had some hair to pull out...

hssutton 18:51 10 Jan 2007

If the image is from a compact digital then it will have to be cropped to fit a 15 x 10, as the image ratio is 4 x 3.

The ratio of an DSLR is 3 x 2 so this will fit exactly on a paper size of 15 x 10

wotbus@ 19:12 10 Jan 2007

Well blow me down hssutton, thanks for that. Learn a bit everyday eh! Thanks again ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?