Resetting Router

woodchip 20:58 21 Dec 2008

Why do I have to reset the Router now and again? as if I do not although I can get a good Download Speed I cannot get web Pages to load. Its okay after reseting router using the button at the back, not restoring Default settings. Just turning power off by pulling the plug does not reset Router.

Technotiger 21:03 21 Dec 2008

What router are you using?

woodchip 21:07 21 Dec 2008

3Com there is a Belkin with same inside bits

woodchip 21:09 21 Dec 2008

PS I have only just started wit this problem in about last two months I turn the Router off at night by turning power of for all of Computer Hardware

Technotiger 21:09 21 Dec 2008

Do you switch your router off at night?

Technotiger 21:19 21 Dec 2008

Turning off at night could be the root of your problem. I never turn my Router off at night - never have any problems.

Technotiger 21:20 21 Dec 2008

PS - I do turn off all my other computer hardware each night.

woodchip 21:24 21 Dec 2008

Problem is I have that many adapters plugged in. for such things as shredder, phone, and lots of other things. its okay after resetting it. it just happens now and again. can last two weeks etc

Technotiger 21:33 21 Dec 2008

As well as the desktop PC and Router, I have 2x external hard drives, 2x sets of speakers, LCD DTV/PC Monitor, Printer, 2x VHS Video recorder, Video Processor/Audio Mixer, Scanner, DVD Player/Recorder, Audio Hifi and TV with set-top box, ALL inter-connected with the PC.

I switch everything off at night, except the Router!

I believe your router would work better (and possibly faster) if it was on its own separate Power, which you could leave on 24/7.

Technotiger 21:34 21 Dec 2008

PS - I forgot to mention, also have a normal land-line phone and a BT Talk Internet phone connected among that lot!

woodchip 21:41 21 Dec 2008

Yes I am on TalkTalk, not Max its LuLu

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?