Resetting network adaptor

Ronjo 12:42 23 Jul 2009

I am having to constantly reset the network adaptor. Investigations led me to a microsoft fix whereby a new Dword is set in the registry. In order to do this I have to identify the network adaptor in the registry list. The problem is the list I have to select from is in the form of guid numbers. Does anyone know how to find the answer to the guid numbers please?

recap 15:52 23 Jul 2009

click here it may direct you to what you are looking for?

Ronjo 15:58 24 Jul 2009

Many thanks recap, the site that you directed me to was just what I needed. Unfortunatly the Micro soft fix, Quote? [To resolve this issue, disable the DHCP BROADCAST flag in Windows Vista. To do this, follow these steps:
Click StartCollapse this imageExpand this image, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then click regedit in the Programs list.
Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{GUID}
In this registry path, click the (GUID) subkey that corresponds to the network adapter that is connected to the network.
On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD (32-bit) Value.
In the New Value #1 box, type DhcpConnEnableBcastFlagToggle, and then press ENTER.
Right-click DhcpConnEnableBcastFlagToggle, and then click Modify.
In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
Close Registry Editor.
By setting this registry key to 1, Windows Vista will first try to obtain an IP address by using the BROADCAST flag in DHCP Discover packets. If that fails, it will try to obtain an IP address without using the BROADCAST flag in DHCP Discover packets.] just did not fix the prolem.
Thankd for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?