reset point

jackdouglas7 23:20 22 Sep 2008

Help, My pc has been ifected with somthing which kees on saying I sould use a cleaner as my pc is infected. It suggests several makes and sits on the botton right hand side of my secreen .It keeps popping up saying I have a security problem. I have run several anti spy and malware progs and my AVG. They all recognise it and remove it but it keeps comming back when I start up my pc.
The last time I had somthing like this I had to reset my pc to the last reset point, which sent my pc to the last good point. The thing is I have forgotten how to do this. I have used the help section on the PC but to no ends so I asume Im using the wrong phrase.
Can an one help ?
Many thanks
JD

Technotiger 23:24 22 Sep 2008

I think you mean System Restore - go to Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore then choose a date in Bold print to restore your computer to an earlier date - preferably before you had any problems.

birdface 09:26 23 Sep 2008

Maybe try this.click here

jackdouglas7 15:00 23 Sep 2008

Many thanks for advice but my PC will only let me go back to July and Ive not been able to find a reset point?
I have found the Trogan Fake Alert. Its sitting in my local settings temp file, but it wont let me deleat it as its always running.

woodchip 15:07 23 Sep 2008

Right click it then choose properties, you should be able to change settings there so you can delete it

baldydave 15:08 23 Sep 2008

Hi,
The restore points are in bold on the calendar.
To delete the item from temp file start pc in safemode keep pressing F8 key as computer starts,
pick safe mode and delete file

woodchip 15:10 23 Sep 2008

Lots of files to remove click here

Remove click here

jackdouglas7 16:43 23 Sep 2008

Many thanks to all.
I managed to get rid of it in Safe mode.
Thanks again
Jack

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?