Reservoir Dogs - Poor in-game performance

jomos352 12:39 20 Sep 2006

In-game Video Resolution (reservoir dogs)

Hi everyone,

Could someone please teach me how to choose and check the in-game video resolution? it seems that i can't find it in the game's "option".

I think my game is using 1280x1024 and i want to reduce it because my computer has some problems running in this resolution, making the game-play unsmooth. thanks.

(i m using 2.8ghz pentium 4, 512 mb dd-r ram, geforce fx5500 video card)

garrema 13:24 20 Sep 2006

Not familiar with this game, however, try from within the game to see if there is a settings tab - usually from the front screen.
In here you will likley find all kinds of settings such as sound, detail, physics and graphics.
In your case try with a resolution on 1024 x 768 which will reduce the strain on the GPU. Maybe turn the detail level down e.g. you may see less damage or the draw distance will reduce. This will reduce the strain on the CPU.
Further check what the settings for anti aliasing and anisotropic filtering are as these will slow your PC down if turned on high.

rodriguez 14:10 20 Sep 2006

I have this game and mine comes up with a small menu before the game starts that says Play, Uninstall etc. On the right, it shows the stats the game is set to, and if you click the resolution a drop-down menu should come up where you can change it. click here for a screenshot.

jomos352 17:38 20 Sep 2006

thanks everyone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?