res://C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHDOCLC.DLL/dnserror.htm

Donna-Marie 19:45 06 Dec 2003

I cant visit any webpages through AOL 8.0 or Internet Explorer 6.0 yet i can use normal Explorer ... But when i try to visit any sites in AOL or IE i keep getting this message:

res://C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHDOCLC.DLL/dnserror.htm

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

I've re-installed AOL 8.0 and Internet Explorer 6.0 but still no luck... also done scan disks, disk frags, virus checks etc etc

Any idea how i can sort this out?!

Diodorus Siculus 19:55 06 Dec 2003

Try emptying cookies / temp internet files.

What is "normal Explorer"?

Donna-Marie 19:59 06 Dec 2003

every session i end on the PC i delete all cookies and temp files ...

Normal explorer... When you can Explore, My computer, if you know what i mean?! I don't actually know what it is but if i push a button on my keyboard it loads up : Exploring - My Computer

Diodorus Siculus 20:00 06 Dec 2003

normal Explorer - OK; I thought that you meant that you could access the web sites with it.

Have you tried a repair of IE?

click here

Diodorus Siculus 20:02 06 Dec 2003

http:// support.microsoft.com/?kbid=165474

click here

for a couple of ideas.

Diodorus Siculus 20:03 06 Dec 2003

click here

and another.

Forum Editor 20:06 06 Dec 2003

This isn't an uncommon problem with AOL/Internet explorer, and often occurs after an AOL version upgrade.

Take a look at those FAQs, and come back here if you don't have any luck.

Are you running Win 98 by the way?

Donna-Marie 20:31 06 Dec 2003

I tried all of your suggestions still no luck, and yes I am using Normal explorer as I call it to access websites, which is what is confusing me, as i can use this but cannot use AOL or IE 6

Donna-Marie 20:32 06 Dec 2003

Yes I have read the FAQ's, I also tried their LIVE helpdesk and apparently its nothing to do with AOL 8.0, or so thats what they have told me.

Donna-Marie 20:35 06 Dec 2003

Oh and yes i am Running Windows 98 SE

Giggle n' Bits 21:04 06 Dec 2003

Before you do this make a note of which lines you have in the Network icon in control panel, eg; TCP/IP, Dial up adapter etc.

I would go into the Control Panel, go into the Add/Remove prog icon and open the windows setup tab.

In there Untick the line where you see Communications !

Restart the PC. then go back and add the Protcol like Dial up adpater and TCP/IP

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?