Resale value

Pidder 20:05 13 Jul 2004

Someone asked recently about a fair price for selling his present P.C. In the light of the item in the current PCA about the number of PCs to be produced in 2004 are'nt we reaching the stage where you'll have to pay someone to take it off your hands?

heribierto 10:43 14 Jul 2004

I had a shed full of old computers, software and instruction books. I tried to give them away but no-ne wants old gear.
I eventually managed to give away the best pieces, monitor, Atari St, printer etc to a computer man and the rest I took to the local tip and disposed of it all, much to the pleasure of my wife. Old computers etc do not seem to have any value any more.
I suggest - dump it !!
Heribierto

SANTOS7 10:47 14 Jul 2004

you would be surprised by how many charity organisations would benefit by obtaining old pc systems if you want to get rid of it give it to them rather than "dumping it"

Cuddles 10:52 14 Jul 2004

Most church's will take old computers for the third world countries, why take them to tips and line the pockets of the workers there.

spuds 14:31 14 Jul 2004

If you want to dispose click here click here click here or you could try your local council about disposal.

C_N 15:10 14 Jul 2004

...my computer cost £45 second hand last year, now it's as good as the Tiny I bought 3 years ago for £999. Why? People can't get rid of their old systems. I just bought a PIII 600Mhz processor for 50p.

ZEROTOLERANCE 15:39 14 Jul 2004

also there are plenty of people who cannot afford to buy a new OR second hand comp,

although i have this puter, its for my university studies, and cannot risk my young daughter loosing anything, she is always hasseling let her put games etc on mine or for me to get her one, so if any one has one they dont require any more, and your in s,london, im sure my daughter would be more than happy to take it from you!!!!

ZT & sacha

ZEROTOLERANCE 16:28 14 Jul 2004

sorry i DO know how to spell "losing"

Pidder 18:58 14 Jul 2004

Thanks all for your responses. I'm just concerned about the vast amounts of Education money which is being poured into the PC makers' pockets.

ZEROTOLERANCE 11:48 15 Jul 2004

what do you mean by education money?

Pidder 18:38 15 Jul 2004

ZEROTOLERANCE I mean the money which ought to be spent on more vital aspects of education, not the latest CPU or flat screen. (From your nickname don't you agree?)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?