Require Microsoft office

iqs 17:02 15 Jul 2013

Hi, I am looking to purchase a version of Microsoft office ,but not the new 365. I don't care if the version is a few years old. Ideally it should have the following . One off payment,install countless times on different PC,s ,but only one at a time & be computable with W8 I have tried most shops ,all sell 365 .have checked eBay,but am concerned about the versions that can only be installed on one PC . Any advice appreciated . Thanks

lotvic 17:55 15 Jul 2013

They have office 2003, 2007 and 2010 on Amazon.co.uk

Don't get this one though, it's a bit expensive... lol :-S

bumpkin 18:02 15 Jul 2013

lotvic, I agree it is a trifle on the steep side.

lotvic 18:03 15 Jul 2013

If you want to try Office out before you purchase a product key, you can download the files (and burn your own install DVD) from Heidoc.net links to DigitalRiver (microsofts download site)

Ian in Northampton 18:16 15 Jul 2013

AFAIK, the only version of Office that can be legally installed on multiple PCs would be a corporate licence version. Otherwise, it's limited. That said, I've known people install Office 2003 on multiple PCs, and nothing terrible has happened. It's not legal, so it would be at your own risk. You'd then need to download the compatibility pack that enables Office 2003 to read Office 2010 files - e.g. .docx.

Had you considered Open Office? It's free, it's supposedly compatible with Office files, it's very well reviewed - and it's free.

bumpkin 18:27 15 Jul 2013

"install countless times on different PC,s ,but only one at a time"

What exactly do you mean? as I understand it the single license version can only be used on one PC but if you uninstall it you can then use it on another.

I don't know if Office Home and Student 2007 will work with Win8 maybe you could check that out.

The reason I am asking is that I may have a copy if it meets your requirements.

alanrwood 18:42 15 Jul 2013

I believe the license allows install on one desktop and your own laptop

Woolwell 18:43 15 Jul 2013

You haven't stated which sub-programs of Office that you require. Outlook or Publisher or Access will significantly increase the cost.

I have installed Office (1 PC licence) on replacement pc's without any snag at all.

This perhaps what you require Amazon MS Office Home & Student 2013

Woolwell 18:44 15 Jul 2013

ps It's a download, all you get is the licence key in the box. That seems to be the way MS Office is sold now.

alanrwood 18:49 15 Jul 2013

If you want to install on multiple PCs then try LibreOffice

Woolwell 18:55 15 Jul 2013

The OP has stated "only one at a time".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)