Requesting some Help/Advice....

Amazingchin 19:58 02 Aug 2010

Hi Guys, I'm new to the forum so hopefully I'm not posting in the wrong place. My issue is fairly specific so I doubt there is already a thread for it. I bought Starcraft II as I loved the first game after checking if my Dell Dimension 5150 (old old PC which came with a ATI Radeon x300 which I upgraded to a GeForce 7300 GS, probably because I'm an idiot lol) would be able to run it. It can but barely. Anyway I'm looking to basically buy a new Base Unit; from what i've heard Dell computers aren't very upgradable. Thing is, I'm not looking for a top end gaming PC, I'm looking for pretty much the Recommended Specs. for starcraft II as I will only be using the PC for that, general home/office stuff and also present and future Football Manager games which never require much from hardware. Dare I say it, I'm more of a console gamer. I'm Sorry. lol. So the specs for the base unit would be - Windows 7 (possibly Vista). Dual Core 2.4 GHz CPU. 2 GB RAM. 512 MB NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX or ATI Radeon HD 3870 or better. So obviously not top end stuff. First of all with a budget of about 300 but I would prefer to spend less, would that kind of spec be affordable and secondly can you point me in the right direction of any configurating sites or stores that would offer that as I have noticed most online configurators only offer newer hardware. Sorry for the long windedness. But i thought i would try and put as much detail as possible.
Cheers
Tim

jack 20:18 02 Aug 2010

Read other threadsn and you will notice that the header is what the topic will be.

Your header-Requesting some Help/Advice....
Is not the topic
It is why everty one is in the HelpRoom - either askinh or giving.
Now to your request
Take a look at some web sites such us
click here
click here
for starters

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?