Request to FE: Add My Favorities to PCA Forums?

TomJerry 20:15 01 Apr 2004

Dear Forums Editor,

I wonder if you could add a function to the forum. That is to have a item called "View your favorities" in addition to "Viw your postings".

Sometime, I am intersting in certain subject and want to keep up with it. At the moment, the only way I can do it to add a reply (even I do not have much to contribute) and the subject then appears under "View your postings". I found other memmbers do this as well. This is really a waste of resources.

If there is an item called "Add To MY Favorities", then I can add any subject I am intersted on to my favorities and next time I log in I can quickly find it.

By the way, many thanks for the excellent forums. I come here to get help and also have some fun sometime.

powerless 20:16 01 Apr 2004

Create a folder in favorires.

Add them there?

Sir Radfordin 20:16 01 Apr 2004

Its an interesting idea but since you would have to mark every record for the memeber who requested it I don't see it using any less resourced than the current "My Posting" system does?!

TomJerry 20:53 01 Apr 2004

"My posting" with no content will waste the other people's time.

Yes, I can add to my IE favorities, but it will not be available if I use another PC. A lot of people are "multiPC" now I think.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 22:42 01 Apr 2004

I have a folder in my faves with about 30 posts
in it i just rename the page title to whoever started thread and title like HD or error you can have same title like error as long as the name is different and it only takes a few secs.

Regards.

Forum Editor 22:49 01 Apr 2004

paste the urls of followed threads into a Word doc, or even a spreadsheet. That way they can click on the hyperlink to go to the thread. Just add a keyword alongside, so you know which thread is which.

We haven't planned to include the sort of facility you mention - it would be yet another database to be loaded by the server, and would slow the site. We've just spent a good deal of time (and money) on moving to a new server, with improved performance, and we don't want to take a step backwards.

VoG II 22:53 01 Apr 2004

A good way to do this in Word is to create a table with two columns. Key word(s) in the left column and hyperlink in the right.

Spreadsheet - obviously you can do something very similar in Excel.

woodchip 22:53 01 Apr 2004

It may be a good idea to create a section, where the same problem is gone over time after time such as Vinyl to CD, or Fdisk and Format, etc Just to give the basic info, and if problems after the above can be dealt with on a separate thread.

james55 23:01 01 Apr 2004

If you have plenty of room on your Hard Disc I would go with Powerless, if not then go with Vog. FE is right there is only so much PCA can do.

TomJerry 23:07 01 Apr 2004

If it is difficult to implement, just forget about it. I can always use "search".

Cesar 11:07 02 Apr 2004

I use AOL and I have created a number of folders in the favourites group, when I see a thread that interests me I click on the heart icon and the choose the folder to save it in.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?