req.dat virus Please help

antikhab 03:24 21 Apr 2005

I find on my computer has a virus REQ.DAT.it was in internet explorer (6) manage add-ons I did a virus check on pandasoftware housecall and try to delete them but it say can not delet them because are in use.

i have Norton Internet Security 2005 is not not very good or very helpful. Please can any one tell me what to do???

Please can anyone tell me how to take off req.dat from my computer. please please can you tell me step by step because I am not very good at computers. THANK YOU

Dumble452 07:57 21 Apr 2005

Sorry I can't help directly, but I put REQ.DAT in a Google search which came up with a number of sources for assistance. I'm not sure of the etiquette of posting them on here since they were from other forums. Most seemed to involve the use of Hijackthis logs which is outside of my experience. REQ.DAT appears to be a bit of a stubborn critter.

961 09:53 21 Apr 2005

req.dat is a trojan that is difficult to remove because it hides itself round your system.

You'll find a fairly good description of how it works at (hope this link works...)

click here

You could also visit click here

961 10:10 21 Apr 2005

Sorry, the first link should be (2nd go)

click here

or if you get to the first page of the techguy site, type req.dat into the search box

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?