Report of trojan on my pc.

Meshuga 20:25 19 May 2007

I received a warning that NAV had detected and removed a trojan named "Trojan-Spy.Win32@MX". What exactly is this trojans function please.I have run scans with AVG antispyware 7.5 and A2 free and Advanced Windowscare V2 personal and they show nothing so I assume its gone. Any info welcome please.

big bloke66 20:32 19 May 2007

Have you tried googling.

big bloke66 20:33 19 May 2007

..........Or any other search engine for that matter

big bloke66 20:39 19 May 2007

Me again lol.
Found this. Spyware program that sends confidential information to a remote attacker
click here

Meshuga 20:40 19 May 2007

Hi big bloke66,no,I haven`t Googled, I usually forget the obvious but will do so shortly. Thanks for the reminder.

birdface 20:58 19 May 2007

Have you tried rebooting your computer then scanning again,It is unusual for anti-virus programs to get rid of Trojans,

Meshuga 05:20 20 May 2007

Hi all, sorry for delay replying. I have downloaded Spyware Doctor and ran it and it found and removed the trojan and a further scan showed PC Clean so all is now ok. Thanks for all your suggestions.

birdface 08:01 20 May 2007

Spyware Doctor does it again.Great program.I might go daft and purchase it one of those days.

Probabilitydrive 08:30 20 May 2007

NAV normally provides you with a link to Symatecs web-site and a fact sheet to this particular virus.
click here

My NAV 2006 recently detected (and removed) a Trojan infection, (or so I thought). Using task manager I monitored my system and spotted a high amount of activity in 'winlogon.exe', which is a legit programme, BUT may also be Trojan according to click here

I got rid of it in the end.

The learning for me was: Double-check your security suites performances/decisions by basic monitoring of your PCs activities. I start learning about obvious and now more subtle discrepancies which might point me in the right troubleshooting direction.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?