'Reply' from wrong email address - OE

ChrisAnnS 09:02 03 Dec 2008

Windows XP - Outlook Express

tullie 09:06 03 Dec 2008

Have you got a question?It helps.

ChrisAnnS 09:07 03 Dec 2008

Sorry, I must have pressed the wrong button!

Windows XP - Outlook Express

I have 4 email addresses.

When I reply to an email by opening it and using the 'reply' button OE has shows the wrong adddress in the 'from' field. It is one of my addresses but not the default one nor the one to which the originating email was addressed.

It is the last address I created. I have looked in properties and can find nothing incorrectly ticked. Can anyone advise me please?

I realise that I can manually change the 'from' address but don't always remember about doing it until after I've pressed send.

When writing a new email the correct default address comes up automatically.

Eric10 12:55 03 Dec 2008

Tools, Accounts, Mail tab, Properties. Have you set a Reply Address for each of your accounts? This is the email address that will be used when replying to an email that arrives to that account.

ChrisAnnS 13:08 03 Dec 2008

The reply address is set on my default account, the others are blank. I will go in and set the reply address on the other three accounts and see whether that solves the problem.

ChrisAnnS 14:15 03 Dec 2008

I have added the relevant reply address to all four accounts - but they still came up with the rogue one.
I then went through and removed all the reply addresses - with the same result.

ChrisAnnS 22:51 04 Dec 2008

I think I've solved it - I unticked 'Include this account when receiving mail or synchronising' on the offending address. Not sure what that means but it has stopped it poking its nose in when it's not wanted and now the default address comes up when replying.
Thanks for trying to help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How secure is your Wi-Fi?

AMD vs Intel: we put the most powerful desktops for designers and artists head-to-head

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables 2017