'Reply to' addresses in Outlook 2003

Graham John 11:42 06 Feb 2009

When you click 'reply to' in Outlook 2003 the email address you are replying to is saved by Outlook. When you type the first 3 letters of the address a list appears containing that address and any others with the same initial 3 letters. These addresses however are not saved in the contacts folder.

Does anyone know how to access (or save to contacts) all these addresses without knowing the first 3 letters of all the email addresses you have replied to?

I know that there is an 'add-in' for Outlook 2007 that can do this for you but not in 2003. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Ptolemy 12:37 06 Feb 2009

One option springs to mind, but there be a better solution I don't know about.

You don't need to type in the first three letters, one letter should bring up all previously used address with starting with that letter - three just narrows the choices down.

Therefore, if you go through the letters of the alphabet (a bit repetitive I know) you will be able to choose from all addresses you have used (providing you haven't deleted them). If you then select the address you want and click on it so it's underlined in the "To:" box you can right-click and "add to contacts"

Alternatively if you have the email you sent, open it and right clicking on the recipients address will give you the same option.

Terry Brown 12:44 06 Feb 2009

On outlook express,while the eamil is open, goto tools and select reciepents, this lists all persons in your address book.

I do not know if Outlook 2003 has a similar system.
Terry

Graham John 13:02 06 Feb 2009

Many thanks for the suggestions, unfortunately I do need to type 3 letters before any addresses appear, I tried with one then two and nothing comes up.

Thanks Terry, but it's not the addresses in my contacts/address book that I need, it's just the ones that are remembered by Outlook when you 'reply to', these do not appear in the address book.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?