Replacing IE11 with IE10 on new PC

HenryVII 11:44 08 Nov 2014

I have just bought a new Win 8 laptop. I find it has IE11 installed, and I don't much care for this (lots of unnecessary changes). So far I can't find out how to download IE10 and install it. I know how to downgrade IE, but on this PC there is only IE11. Any one know how, please?

I do wish MS (and Apple) software people wouldn't change stuff that works perfectly well. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

spuds 12:07 08 Nov 2014
  HenryVII 12:19 08 Nov 2014

Spuds, I'm afraid your two links are not the ones I need. The first leads to a site for downloading IE10 for Win 7/32 bit (I have win 8.1), while the second is about downgrading to IE10 which requires IE10 to exist on the PC - I have only IE11.

Thanks for trying, though.

Secret-Squirrel 12:23 08 Nov 2014

Sorry to disappoint you Henry but what you want can't be done.

It's also worth mentioning that even if you could remove IE11, you'll find that IE10 won't install on a Windows 8.1 system.

Woolwell 13:18 08 Nov 2014

From the security point of view older versions are broken.

HenryVII 15:41 08 Nov 2014

Thanks, guys, for the help. I've switched to Firefox which seems to have a similar layout to the older IEs.

Secret-Squirrel 11:50 09 Nov 2014

"Programs and features.Turn Windows features on or off.Untick Internet Explorer11..............Now doing that removes Internet Explorer"

No it doesn't - it simply hides IE. There's a clue in the name "Turn Windows features on or off" ;)

I've already said that you can't install IE10 on a Windows 8.1 system so what makes you believe you can? Please provide some evidence from a reputable source.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?