replacing ati graphic card with nvidia card

brigtoo 13:17 13 Oct 2006

my pc is AMD xp 2500, connect 3d radeon 9200 ati agp graphic card, 1 gig. ram, 180 gig sata hd, 355 watt psu., gigabyte ga-7n400 pro m/board.
i recently tried to replace graphics card with a winfast a7600gt agp card. removed all ati display drivers, ati control panel and hydravision via add and remove in control panel. switched off pc and swapped cards. rebooted pc and installed nvidia drivers from supplied cd. rbooted pc but it freezes on wallpaper before the "welcome" page. have tried without wallpaper but still the freeze at same point.
i think i can remember a previous posting which indicated any nvidia drivers had also to be removed.
there are 2 listed in add and remove as nvidia drivers and nvidia nForce drivers which i take to be for the m/board as this is nvidia driven or am i wrong, and can anyone point me to relevant info.

sil_ver 14:32 13 Oct 2006

I would be tempted to download the latest NForce drivers from the Mobo maker and also the Winfast drivers. Uninstall any drivers including the NForce drivers. Reboot to windows (hopefully) install the NForce drivers from the moboard maker first then the Winfast.

thms 14:40 13 Oct 2006

See here for info on removal of ATI drivers
click here

Also see here for NVIDIA drivers

click here

brigtoo 20:37 13 Oct 2006

bump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Aardman's new YouTube channel to share the work of independent animators

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017