Replacement for windows livemail on new computer.

Jim Flux 14:02 28 Apr 2017

I have always used Windows Live mail for my email but having just bought a new laptop (Acer 14" E5-475) I discover that I can no longer download Windows Essentials. I have tried to set up email using "Mail" from Windows 10 but so far without success. I don't wish to buy Office so I'm looking for a substitute for Windows Livemail. Any suggestions please.

Archonar 15:22 28 Apr 2017

What has been your issue with Mail? Maybe we can help you to fix that so you don't need to download any 3rd party software

Forum Editor 15:26 28 Apr 2017

Take a look at this and this

Both do the job well - I have used them myself.

Jollyjohn 15:39 28 Apr 2017

I have used Mozilla Thunderbird for several years on a variety of desktops and laptops running both Windows and Linux. I have found it easy to configure and use. click here

Bris 17:58 29 Apr 2017

Microsoft stopped supporting WLM recently that's why you cant download it.

If you choose eM-Client be aware that, if you choose the free version, you will be restricted to 2 accounts after the 30 day trial period but it works OK and is fairly easy to set up.

Thunderbird is also fine but requires a bit more effort to set up.

Jim Flux 19:48 29 Apr 2017

Thanks for all the suggestions. The laptop in question was one we bought for my wife who is not a computer nerd so I wanted something with which she was familiar. Having tried Thunderbird, it seems fairly similar to Windows Livemail so I have opted for that. My wife seems happy with it too, so, once again, many thanks,

Menzie 01:02 30 Apr 2017

Thunderbird is quite good and once you enter in an email address that isn't custom (corporate for instance), it fetches the settings from a database Mozilla has.

I've been using Thunderbird for years now. Prior to that I was using a program called Incredimail but this became bloated and littered with ads for the pro version.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires