Replacement Mobo

tooter 20:05 11 Jul 2004

After I asked a question about my dead computer last week a managed to fire it up by switching the mains switch on and off repeatedly while pressing the switch on the computer. The computer will work if I switch it of using the switch on the computer, but if I then switch the mains switch off it will not start and is completely dead. The computer switch is ok. And I think the mains unit is ok as well. I think the fault is the mobo. I need to know were I can purchase a new one remembering the computer was made in 1999 and is not worth that much, I have taken some of the details of the mobo as follows. SUPER P6SBA ST366937 04/99 perhaps someone can suggest were I can obtain a cheap or replacement mobo. Thanks for any help

dazzling (work) 20:10 11 Jul 2004

cant find that with a google search what type of cpu garaphics card etc do you have.darren

peabody 20:12 11 Jul 2004

Have you tried plugging it in to another mains power outlet to make quite sure that isn't the problem? Sounds as though you have a faulty mains switch, possibly. Be careful - get an electrician to help before you go checking mains power connections!

tooter 20:51 11 Jul 2004

The mains switch and power supply is ok its been checked I have tried another CPU from a working computer, still the same. I have found the mobo on google by typing in P6SBA but I do not know which one is the correct one for my computer and they cost more than the computer is worth, so I am looking for a second hand one perhaps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?