Replacement for Microsoft Monet circa 2005

compumac 10:46 25 May 2015

I have Microsoft Money which is several years old now. This has about twenty years of data in it. MS Money is no longer supported and am looking at replacement software that will allow the importing of MS Money data nto it. A couple of years ago I did obtain an alternative programme but it was US orientated and was not user friendly at all.

I have come across JioSoft Money but.....

Any suggestions?

northumbria61 10:57 25 May 2015

Ace Money is one alternative and should fit your needs. You can download a free 30 days trial version

Ian in Northampton 11:31 25 May 2015

compumac: why does it matter whether it's still supported? I'm still - very happily - using Money 97!

compumac 15:49 25 May 2015

Northumbria61.

Just downloaded Ace Money (30 day trial) and realised this was something that I downloaded a long time ago but was unable to import MS Money into it. I have been able to import MS money into this version and am looking into its viability as against MS Money.

Ian in Northampton.

Not really bothered about support as I also have one PC with Money97 on it albeit rarely used.

I just thought that it was looking a bit dated and wondered as to something a little more current.

northumbria61 19:08 25 May 2015

compumac - I am a Quicken user myself and like you I have several years of data on it (15yrs) I have never used Ace Money but a friend of mine changed to that a few years ago and still uses it today which is why I recommended it. 30 days should be ample time to make your mind up.

Ian in Northampton 20:48 25 May 2015

compumac: yes, it's definitely dated - in terms of look and feel as well as functionality. But: it does everything I need it to, and I'm familiar with it - so on we go. (And, of course, the beauty of 'old' software is you can install it on as many machines as you like - which I've done. Probably not strictly legal, but I doubt MS will sue me for abusing the licence terms for Money... And anyway: it may be installed on multiple machines (I have it on my backup PCs) - but I'm the only user, so morally, I think I'm OK if not legally.)

Ian in Northampton 20:49 25 May 2015

Btw: I wondered whether MS Monet was software that enabled you to catalogue your collection of old masters... :-)

compumac 21:05 25 May 2015

Ian in Northampton

MS Monet - It is my accent

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone