Replacement All in One printer required

compumac 14:16 03 May 2015

My HP 6520 now refuses to print black despite new cartridges being installed (twice), Scan and copy does not display black content.

I feel the time has come to reinvest in a new printer.

I am looking for a printer that provides duplex printing(double sided) as well as booklet (A5 booklet style,) scans, photo printing and wireless. I do not need fax facilities.

I would prefer HP as I have had them for many years.

Suggestions please, asap.

alanrwood 17:35 03 May 2015

HP ePrint 6700 does what you want. I paid £65 on eBay for it new. I have used this for about a year so the model may have been updated

compumac 18:43 03 May 2015

Update.

I have had many printers in the past and when the problem came up with this black cartridge I thought it might be the cartridge being dried out, this despite both black cartridges being brand new. When this has happened I have attempted to print out pages of black emboldened text to force the ink through. - this did not work on this occasion. Prior to purchasing this printer I had looked at various forums in respect of the particular printer model and found that the problem of the black cartridge was not uncommon.

I looked again today and found a response that involved putting the cartridge into a bowl of hot water with the jets submerged - the first attempt did not work but upon leaving a second time for about ten minutes - everything functioned. I now have back a fully functioning printer.

I just posted this as a note for anyone who may experience this difficulty in the future.

bumpkin 20:15 03 May 2015

Another tip on this is to hold the cartridge with tongs into steam from a boiling kettle.

compumac 20:46 03 May 2015

bumpkin

I seem to remember some 25 years ago doing that, but had totally forgotten it. I still find it hard to believe that two new cartridges could be affected this way.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Aardman's new YouTube channel to share the work of independent animators

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017