Replace Vista with XP or buy new printer

xvistap 17:21 30 Aug 2007

I have an HP DeskJet 1220C printer that prints 11"x17" as well as 8.5"x11". HP did't develope a driver to make this printer compatible with Windows Vista (which I'm not fond of), and I don't want to buy another printer (HP has no plans to make a new 11"x17" printer compatible with Vista), so, absent any fix for this situation, what is the best way to install Windows XP and remove Vista?
Thanks.
Posted by xpsq on Thurs, 30/08/07

mrwoowoo 17:34 30 Aug 2007

according to this site vista should have the driver for it already loaded.
Might be worth a look to see what you think.
click here

xvistap 17:47 30 Aug 2007

There is no driver for the 1220C and HP said ther's no plans to provide one! Is there a way to acquire an XP driver that would work with Vista?

Pine Man 18:21 30 Aug 2007

Have you actually read the link above provided by mrwoowoo?

It is from HP and clearly states that Vista already has the driver for your printer loaded.

Totally-braindead 18:37 30 Aug 2007

There is a driver according to the link given and the 1220C is clearly listed as being already loaded as part of Vista from the link mrwoowoo gave.

1234s282 19:23 30 Aug 2007

I agree with the ppl above - The link says that there is a driver already in Vista. However , if your printer still doesnt work , unplug it from the pc and reconnect it. Vista will detect it and automatically find the driver or click the link below to downlod the driver straight from HP!

click here

xvistap 01:05 05 Sep 2007

Sorry for the delay - Labor Day, etc. Yes that little trick did work. I really appreciate everyone's comment regarding my printer mishap. Again, thank you all, and I hope you had a grat holiday - if you celebrate it

Miros 01:43 05 Sep 2007

Labour day first Monday in September in the USA ? Is that your abode? Here in the UK we are not lucky enough to have that holiday and therefore don't celebrate it :-(
Our nearest celebration to that would be May day, which is the first Monday in May. This year that was the 7th May :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)