Repeat..Repeat same windows update daily why?

Happy1 22:18 28 Mar 2003

Has anybody got this problem at the moment? I am using XP Pro. and have auto update turned on for windows. The little icon appears in system tray within a couple of minutes of logging on. This has happened 3 days in a row now and when it has finished it asks if want to install. I click yes. When finished a box pops up and tells me it is having to install over VM whatever. I already have the Hotfix(critical update on) I have never come across this before. Usually only get updates that I havnt got already. Any cure would be appreciated.

Paranoid Android 23:12 28 Mar 2003

Hmmm - spooky !

Since no-one is answering, I guess they are all as stumped as I am. The best thing I can think of is to switch off automatic updating - it isn't really necessary and certainly not worth any hassle. Personally I never touch it. If you check for updates once or twice a month that should be enough.

Marvin

woodchip 23:18 28 Mar 2003

Agree

Qmar 23:29 28 Mar 2003

cdilla etc probably? from games and music cd's etc.. use spywareblocker..also
download 'XP-ANTISPY'. can run from a cd (see fleccs offer)..shows all the ways XP accesses the internet in the background giving you the opp.to stop each ..also exlains each.

powerless 23:33 28 Mar 2003

Have a look here.

click here

Paranoid Android 23:51 28 Mar 2003

Hmmmm - hardly any known problems with Windows Update then.

Marv.

Happy1 11:53 29 Mar 2003

Thanks for all your help. I know never came accross this prob. before. Had a look on site no answer their. i'll give Qmars advice a go. I think Microst are maybe being paranoid. Not a serious prob. I dont think unless I do have spy on apart from BT that is.

Happy1 11:55 29 Mar 2003

Whoops I meant Microsoft. But you will have known that wouldn't you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017