Renumbering jpg images

J. I. 15:49 27 Sep 2007

I have recently been on holiday and taken jpg images on 3 different smart media cards. Each card when displayed on the computer starts with 0001. I now want to join them up and place in one folder, the way they are nunbered at the moment wont allow me to do this. My question, is there a quick way to change the numbering on the other 2 cards in order to accomplish this. Im fully aware how to change each one individually although this is a very slow way of doing things. Any one with the knowledge of doing this quickly will be very much appreciated

Pamy 15:54 27 Sep 2007

I think a free program like Irfanview will allow batch renumbering. Others will soon advise in more detail I'm sure

Quiet Life 16:18 27 Sep 2007

Yes Irfan will do it and also Adobe Elemnts.

Quiet Life 16:18 27 Sep 2007

Yes Irfan will do it and also Adobe Elemnts.

bretsky 16:21 27 Sep 2007

I use this free utility click here

which when you first open the progam is quite daunting, but once you've mastered how to use it, it will prove invaluable.

HTH
bretsky ;0)

m800afc 19:41 27 Sep 2007

Use "Renamer" its free and does the job.

click here

Jak_1 00:45 28 Sep 2007

look here.
click here

It's freeware.

DieSse 00:53 28 Sep 2007

I concur with bretsky - I use that program a lot and it does loads of useful things with filenames.

Snec 01:15 28 Sep 2007

If you are using Windows XP, then it has a built-in function to rename and number a series of files
click here

J. I. 16:50 28 Sep 2007

Thank you all for your help in resolving this problem. In the end i used the facility recommended by Snec using xp, I did try out the other 2 programs and found they worked just as well. Now i know of three different ways to renumber my files, all of which i will use in the future. Once again, my thanks to all of you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?