Renew IP address

JJ167 02:12 30 Mar 2009

I am unable to reset my ip address on a wireless network. My other laptop is connecting fine, but the second is unable to connect to the internet. It connects to the router, with a "limited or no connectivity" status.

When I check the IP address, it has a default address. When I open a command prompt, I can release the ip address - ipconfig/release. But when I attempt to renew the ip address - ipconfig/renew- I get the following message:

Windwos IP Configuration

An error occured while renewing interface Wireless Network Connection 2: unable to contact your DHCP server. Request has timed out.

Cheers, JJ

mgmcc 08:07 30 Mar 2009

>>> It connects to the router, with a "limited or no connectivity" status.

The "Limited or No Connectivity" indication suggests that the network adapter *HASN'T* actually connected to the router and so cannot get its IP address from a DHCP server. Windows has defaulted to allocating a "169.254" address with Limited or No Connectivity.

Try removing the existing wireless profile click here and then go through the procedure to "Connect" again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?