RENAME REGISTRY KEY'S.................????????

[email protected] 21:04 06 Jan 2004

i HAVE BEEN HAVING PROBLEMS WITH A 'SERVER BUSY' error thats been running in a loop...when i 'run'msconfig'i noticed that Nokia PC Suite was conflicting with another programe so i decided to un-install it.when i try to un-installit in 'add and remove'it tells me a file is missing and it cant remove it.Spoken to nokia who've said i need to rename the registry keys to repair the file in order to un-install...... RE NAME REGISTRY KEY'S.......anyone got any idea?

weeby vuit 21:13 06 Jan 2004

Twit.

woodchip 21:20 06 Jan 2004

Tell me what it say's for the Program you are trying to remove just as it is in ADD REMOVE

woodchip 21:23 06 Jan 2004

PS you could also do this if it's a running program when you start the computer. Go to Start\Run and type MSCONFIG and press ok then go to the startup tab and look for Nokia PC Suite remove the tick and restart

weeby vuit 21:27 06 Jan 2004
  [email protected] 21:36 06 Jan 2004

hi woodchip,run the msconfig and un checked pc suite,tried to un-install again same message:-
"an instalation support file could not be installed.The system could not find the file specified",just thinking IF ive deleted it and emptyed the re-cycle bin and rolled back system restore a few days,can i retrieve it??????
thanks for taking the time woodchip,appriciate it

VoG II 21:38 06 Jan 2004

Nope. System Restore only restores Windows system files, not other software.

Were you told which registry keys to rename?

woodchip 21:50 06 Jan 2004

Try this and put the Program Name Where the XXXXX are

To remove follow these step's closely, go to start\find\files or folders type in the box XXXXX click enter key delete all the entry's it finds with XXXXX in it. Next go to start run type regedit and press enter, go to menu under edit click find in the box type XXXXX and press enter it will bring up only one entry at a time, press delete key then click ok to confirm to go to next entry press F3 and delete do this until you get to the end of the registry. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE IN THE REGISTRY other than XXXXX then reboot your computer

[email protected] 22:25 06 Jan 2004

ok woodchip,tried that,it has removed an icon from my tray:-"Mrouter"(I.R Connection interface for PC Suite,RESULT!!)which i was struggling with,but its still in "add and remove programs",when i try i still get "an instalation support file could not be installed.The system could not find the file specified".nokia wouldnt tell me which files to work on as they wont be held responsible if it screws my system,they just said "re name registry keys"-not quite as helpfull as your good self,could i recover the file from the 'emptied' recycle bin?
HUSTON....HUSTON................WE HAVE A PROBLEM
should i roll forward my restore points as rolling back wouldnt have helped(ps:-Cheer's VoG,need all the help i can get

woodchip 22:28 06 Jan 2004

To remove from Add Remove you will have to put in the place that you are looking the exact text as it appears in Add Remove, in find in Regedit

VoG II 22:34 06 Jan 2004

Do you have an install disk or program for the Nokia software? If so, now you've removed the registry entries, try reloading the program then removing via Control Panel/Add REmove Programs.

Incidentally, weeby vuit is still waiting for his dad to come back from the pub and tell him how to turn on the NumLock button!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?