Removing Zone Alarm

The Lemon 21:08 04 Mar 2008

I have tried to remove Zone Alarm from my friends computer and the windows remove facility would not do it. I then went into Program files and tried to remove the zone alarm folders. It denied me access again. I then opened each folder and manually deleted as many files as I could. This has left five files that zone alarm will not let me delete. I have loaded AVG anti virus and all seems to be working but I want to completely remove zone alarm. I would be very grateful if anyone has any ideas on how to remove the remaining five folders? Thanks The Lemon

csqwared 21:22 04 Mar 2008

Look here click here
but BACK UP THE REGISTRY before starting.

cc

The Lemon 22:06 04 Mar 2008

Printed out the link.Ta. I'll give it a go with extreme caution! I'll definitelt]y back up the registry as I certainly don't want to disable me mates computer as she needs it for work. Cheers.

Stuartli 23:16 04 Mar 2008

ZoneAlarm's listing from Start>Programs includes (or should do) an Uninstall facility.

Greengage 16:19 05 Mar 2008

I haven't read everything in csqwared's link but I believe the reason you could not remove the remaining files is because they are scheduled to run at start up. To overcome this,go to Start - Run -type "msconfig" without quotes and then click Startup and then untick against the Zone Alarm program you are trying to remove.

Greengage 16:20 05 Mar 2008

Transmitted too soon! Then delete the files that are proving obstinate.

mfletch 18:09 05 Mar 2008

Or another way,

How to uninstall Zone Alarm

1.) Go into ZA Overview/Preferences and Un-check "Load Zone Alarm on Startup" then Reboot Computer to Unload vsmon.exe and True Vector from memory.. Before uninstalling or Upgrading Zone Alarm..

2.) Uninstall or re-Install Zone Alarm..

mfletch

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?