Removing Wanadoo icon fro menu bar

anskyber 08:11 26 May 2006

I have changed ISP, I have gone the opposite route to many and migrated to Zen. ( a great decision but more costly)

Nonetheless (and I realise this will sound pathetic) I have been left with the flashing "W" for Wanadoo on internet pages, the icon sits at the far right hand end of the menu bar. Can I get rid of it?

Gongoozler 08:18 26 May 2006

Does this do what you want click here

VoG II 08:19 26 May 2006

Try this:

Start, Run, type in

rundll32 iedkcs32.dll,Clear

exactly as written and click OK.

anskyber 08:28 26 May 2006

Thanks both. Please forgive my amateur status here. I tried VoG™ solution and its still there.

Gongoozler, my skills are not great how do I initiate HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar

Gongoozler 08:36 26 May 2006

Hi anskyber. First, just in case you make a mistake set a restore point Start - All programs - Accessories - System tools - System restore.

Next click Start - Run and type in regedit and click OK. You will now be in the registry editor which works very much like Windows Explorer.

anskyber 08:51 26 May 2006

Thanks. I was just in the process of doing as you suggest when the logo disappeared in favour of the windows logo! I had performed the create system restore point but it seems I do not need to do any more. Thank you both once again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)