Removing Wanadoo

Marty1 13:24 13 Jul 2006

I have Wanadoo dial-up on my laptop running XP and now wish to remove it. I have Wanadoo and Wanadoo Help icons on my dektop but the only reference to Wanadoo in Add/Remove Programs is Wanadoo Search Toolbar. Can anyone point me in the right direction to erase Wanadoo from my machine?

Joe R 14:53 13 Jul 2006
  Marty1 18:15 13 Jul 2006

Thanks but my problem is not restoring a search facility, but removing all traces of Wanadoo.

T0SH 18:49 13 Jul 2006

If there are no entries in add remove programs you can remove the dial up connection from IE, Tools, Internet Options, then on the connections tab in the window highlight the Wanaddo entry and click Remove

First verify there is no other dialer software installed by Right clicking on the desktop icons then goto properties, if they are desktop shortcuts, on the general tab select Find Target this will take you to the install directory where there may be an uninstaller available, if they are executables simply drag them to the recycle bin

Cheers HC

SANTOS7 18:56 13 Jul 2006

click here
tick all boxes, where to search/how to search, type in Wanadoo, scan, and delete all it finds..........

Marty1 10:13 14 Jul 2006

Tosh/Santos 7 - many thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone