removing unseen files

ZEROTOLERANCE 17:29 04 Jul 2004

im trying to clean out my comp of its rubbish using easy clean, it shows that ive got almost 2gb of files/folders that belong to my daughters sim game, my problem is even if i uninstal it, it still leaves 1000's of files behind which take up 100's of waisted mb's,

how can i remove them safely please? is it as easy as just deleting the main MAXIS folder in program files?

ZEROTOLERANCE 00:50 05 Jul 2004

;-0

Dan the Confused 01:06 05 Jul 2004

Yes, just delete the folder that contains the game you uninstalled. Note that all save game data will be lost also but this will not be a problem if you don't intend to install the game again later. (The save files are probably the ones taking up all the space.)

ZEROTOLERANCE 02:11 05 Jul 2004

Dan the Confused

cheers

hugh-265156 03:34 05 Jul 2004

if you have uninstalled any games or software they may well leave behind a folder or two, usually these are found in in C:\program files. if so as above,just delete it/them after uninstalling the software via add remove programs.

you can then also clean up the registry after this if you want to. back it up first though by clicking start/run and typing 'regedit' then click ok. click 'my computer/file/export' and name it and save it somewhere handy then:

click 'edit/find/find next' and type the name of the software or the developer into the box and click ok. right click and delete anything regedit finds and tap F3 to continue searching until it says its finished searching. be careful only to delete those entries that relate to the software you uninstalled and then restart the computer. regseeker is an automatic alternative click here and does a good job. it makes backups just incase things go wrong so you can always add back the registry entries if things go wrong.

cleanup will find more safe to remove temp files etc and is quite safe to use on the default settings click here to free up some more disk space.

ZEROTOLERANCE 23:33 06 Jul 2004

thanx again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?