Removing spam mail at the server.

Meshuga 03:25 28 Nov 2007

I receive my email via tiscali and every day get loads in my Spam box which I normally just delete. In view of my possibly being away from home for an extended period of time is there any way I can set it up so that spam is removed at the server and doesn`t reach me so that I dont come home to a spam box bursting at the seams. My OS is XPhome sp2.

enjoycoming555 03:40 28 Nov 2007

I used AVG antispyware program to do this in real time. It is freeware and works well on my computer. Try it yourself.

Meshuga 03:46 28 Nov 2007

enjoycoming555, thanks for that. I do have AVG antispyware Free version so how would I set it up please?

brundle 06:25 28 Nov 2007

AVG Antispyware has nothing to do with spam/email.

Do you have access to a PC while you're away?

Meshuga 06:35 28 Nov 2007

Hi brundle, no I won`t have access to a pc as I shall be in hospital. I doubt that they would let me use theirs. Since I live alone when I`m home and my daughters live too far away there is no one with access to my pc to delete stuff. I was doubtful about the AVG thing since my mail is on outlook express.

laurie53 07:35 28 Nov 2007

Is there not a setting to automatically delete from your spam box after a set length of time?

Stuff is automatically removed from my spam box after seven days.

Meshuga 08:18 28 Nov 2007

laurie53, if there is such a facility I don`t know how to access it. I will have to email tiscali support and ask them. Thanks for your reply.

MAJ 08:22 28 Nov 2007

Set up an account with Googlemail click here it has pretty good spam filtering. Then set your Tiscali Mail to Auto-forward all messages to your Gmail account. When you get back (good luck by the way, Meshuga) your Tiscali box will be empty, you can then browse your gmail account at your leisure.

Meshuga 08:40 28 Nov 2007

Hi MAJ, Thanks for your suggestion, will look into that. Thanks also for the good wishes.

Meshuga 13:38 28 Nov 2007

Have now set up a Gmail account as suggested by MAJ. Thanks to all.

Ronnie268 18:06 11 Dec 2007

If you use Server Cleaner - search on google or servercleaner.co.uk - you can set the computer to automatically delete junk

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?