Removing registry files left after uninstalling.

Newuser1280 09:07 17 Apr 2010

After uninstalling Lexmark printer and Sony Ericsson mobile phone programs there are still associated files left in the registry (and a shortcut for the Sony program on the desktop which I can't remove). Is it safe to remove the registry entries? I'm trying to improve the startup speed and reduce the amount of crap which always seems to be running in the background and slowing the machine down).

onthelimit 09:17 17 Apr 2010

If XP, I'd use CCleaner's registry cleaner or RegscrubXP. Make a restore point first, though, just in case.

Technotiger 09:19 17 Apr 2010

Best to re-install both, then use this to do all your uninstalling (instead of Ctrl Panel - Add/remove) click here

Then follow these instructions to the letter!!

During the un-install process you may be asked if you want to re-start your computer, DO NOT re-start at this point, let Revo continue. You will eventually get the option to Select All and to Delete - DO SO. You may be given the same options a second time, again DO SO, do not be picky, just accept all that Revo chooses.
After clicking on Finish, re-start your computer.

DieSse 10:41 17 Apr 2010

"You will eventually get the option to Select All and to Delete - DO SO. You may be given the same options a second time, again DO SO, do not be picky, just accept all that Revo chooses."

ONLY delete the bold items (Revo will warn you about this).

Just to make it crystal clear.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?