Removing programs on Vista

Billyke 15:19 10 Nov 2009

Hi!

Does anyone know how to remove a program that has no uninstaller and does not appear in the Vista add/remove programs list.

Specifically, I am having problems with NCH Express Notes which is freely available for download but I can find no way to get rid of it. Their website is no help either. Doesn't even list the program.

User-1229748 15:26 10 Nov 2009

do a search for it and see if their is an uninstaller there if not download revo and see if that finds it and you can get rid.click here

cocteau48 15:28 10 Nov 2009

According to their website there should be an uninstaller within the program folder.

GaT7 15:30 10 Nov 2009

As the guys suggests:

"Uninstalling your NCH Application
To uninstall the application you will need to browse to the installed folder as for running above and run the uninstall application directly."

If no joy with that, try reinstalling it, then uninstalling with Revo Uninstaller.

They do have the program on their website click here, but unfortunately no support/forum for it. G

Billyke 20:34 10 Nov 2009

Thanks for your help.

There is no uninstaller in the folder.
The Help file does not mention uninstall.

Revo can't see it either. Tried re-installing Notes but Revo stil can't see it.

Have shut down and re-booted but all to no avail.

Am getting desperate now. Uninstalled AVG 8.5 to install V9 but V9 won't install with Notes on the computer.

GaT7 23:10 10 Nov 2009

If possible, try a System Restore to before you installed Notes. G

Input Overload 02:39 11 Nov 2009

Download JV16 it comes with an unrestricted 30 day trial. Go onto the 'system Tools' section & go 'Software Uninstaller'. You may find the program in there. click here

Billyke 09:51 14 Nov 2009

Thanks.

Tried several different system restores but none were successful. Ended up with a factory restore [backed up everything first], not what I wanted to do but has solved the problem!!

Thanks for your ideas and assistance.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone