Removing programs using Regedit

Scubaman 13:15 29 Apr 2005

Hi,
I recently re-installed adaptec easy cd creater as I was familiar with the making of the jewel case inserts. As it was an old piece of software that is not supported by XP I tried to delete it in the normal way. Adaptec was deleted but I was left with some Roxio drivers which I cannot delete in the add remove facility. It is only taking up 3.42MB, but the annoying thing is I keep getting a window popping up telling me that XP has disabled it as it is not supported and Roxio direct me to their web site to upgrade. Can you tell me where in the Registry I can find these drivers to get rid of them.
Many thanks.
Allan

Yoda Knight 13:17 29 Apr 2005

do you know the names of the drivers ? If so use the search facility in Regedit, but you might be better off just deleting the files off your harddrive

gudgulf 13:20 29 Apr 2005

Try RegCleaner click here

It will give you a list of programs installed on your pc...simply tick any you know you no longer have and it will remove the registry keys for them.

Daz35 13:24 29 Apr 2005

Probably a stupid suggestion, but have you tried going into your program files folder and just deleting the adaptec folder, as sometimes even with uninstallers they leave the folder there with bits and pieces still left.

I personally use registry healer which does a pretty good job of cleaning up dead links and the like. There must be free registry clean programs kicking around that will do the same job.

Cue loads of other people with links....

Here's one to start click here

Hope this helps.

gudgulf 13:42 29 Apr 2005

Best free registry cleaners that I use are RegCleaner click here and RegSeeker click here

ccleaner's "issues" scanner is also good click here

The benefit of using RegCleaner is that it lists what programs are in windows' registry as being installed.Some of the others will not pick up as a problem entries from programs that have partially uninstalled which means they don't get detected for removal.Removing the registry entries in this case will stop Windows detecting the drivers and the popup should go away.You can just delete the folder....but I would clear the registry entries first in case Windows is looking for the driver,in which case you might get another popuo along the lines of "Windows can't find....etc"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?