Removing program (Windows XP)

usualright 16:15 07 Jul 2005

I have installed various upgrade to Nokia software on my computer - When I check under control panel - add/remove programmes I find there are 3 different entries for Nokia I can remove 1 but not the remainder - I have tried Systemsuite 4 to uninstall but these programs are protected by Window Installer program- Any ideas on how to remove thes unwanted programs??

Djohn 17:42 07 Jul 2005

Try booting into safe mode then un-install from there. also run Ccleaner after the un-install. You may find that you need to turn off system restore if the above does not work, then try again. Ccleaner click here

usualright 09:05 08 Jul 2005

Thanks for info - unfortunately this did not work - I still have 2 Nokia PC suite showing - I did try under safe mode with and without system restore to no avail any other ideas?

Stuartli 09:38 08 Jul 2005

Might sound obvious, but have you checked if there is an uninstall option if the Nokia software is listed in Start>Programs?

usualright 10:47 08 Jul 2005

Yes - it has - but it does not help

Stuartli 12:37 08 Jul 2005

Have you tried reinstalling all the sections, then uninstalling from Start>Programs and then, if still necessary, the final one from Control Panel?

€dstowe 12:42 08 Jul 2005

When all else fails, contact the supplier.

Djohn 15:38 08 Jul 2005

It could be that the one you have un-installed is preventing you from un-installing the other two.

This sometimes happens with upgrades to a program or application if you remove in the wrong order then there are parts of the code missing and preventing you from removing the rest.

Install the one you have removed and try un-installing in a different order. IE: remove the one dated the earliest then the second, finally the third and final upgrade or version. This may fix the problem for you.

Djohn 20:05 08 Jul 2005

Any chance of letting us know what worked for you please?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?