removing old files

ollie < one> 15:45 26 Feb 2005

hi all
when you remove old software eg free programs demos etc what do they leave behind on your comp i know that a lot of programs leave behind their old dll files and old reg keys but is there anything else that is left behind and is there any good free software for removing this junk to free up space.Any recommmends for free programs to keep the old beige box safe from all the nastys out there.I currently run avg 7, zone alarm, ad aware and as a back up i run the free online virus scanner from trend once a week is this enough? or can i do more
thanks all

Diodorus Siculus 15:49 26 Feb 2005

Try ccleaner from click here - pretty good at clearing out the junk.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:53 26 Feb 2005

CCleaner very good

Add MSantispy MSoftAntispy Beta click here as another spyware stopper /remover and withyour other progs you are well protected.

ollie < one> 18:35 26 Feb 2005

thanks for the replies did try to download msspyware but when i looked at the faq,s i found that win 98 is not supported so that is out the window for me as i am running win 98se

Curio 20:36 26 Feb 2005

Download this and run itclick here Also download and run this click here. If you run these two weekly you should stay virtually clear of Malware

Curio 20:41 26 Feb 2005

click here Install this. Runs in background. Check for updates regularly (all three Apps)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?